What is Mental Health Support?
500,000 Canadians miss work due to mental health concerns each day, costing $33-$50 billion in lost productivity each year.*
Medcor Canada’s Mental Health Support Service empowers your employees to talk to someone long before they are in a crisis. By being able to talk about their everyday stresses and situations before they are a major concern, our service helps alleviate employees’ need to take time off work, better equips them to focus on tasks while on the job and increases their morale.
How Does it Differ from EAP?
Our service breaks through barriers common in EAPs. Our virtual platform gives employees the flexibility to attend sessions in the evenings and on weekends without having to travel to an outside location.
Our upfront flat-fee model gives employees the freedom of attending follow-up sessions without surprise expenses and gives them the satisfaction of working for a company that values their mental health and overall well-being.
Session Topic Examples
- Stress (relationship, work, financial, COVID-19)
- Work/Life balance
- Grief and Loss
- Managing Thoughts
- Coping with Isolation
- Goal Setting
- Relaxation Techniques
- Identifying Emotions
- Setting Boundaries
- Recognizing Triggers
How It Works
- Employees book their appointment online.
- Daytime, evening and weekend virtual sessions are available.
- Employees only need an internet connection and a device.
- One-on-one sessions are available.
- Group sessions are available.
- Employees can reconnect with the same Mental Health Advocate for follow-up sessions.
- Sessions are 100% confidential. Employees have a safe space for sharing stories, struggles and stresses.
- We do not diagnose or treat mental health concerns. Referrals to higher levels of services are made when needed.
- Information gathered is stored electronically.
Break the Stigma with Us!
“Stigma” describes a negative and unfavourable attitude.
7 million Canadians will struggle with mental health concerns this year. Many will not reach out because of the stigma attached to mental health.*
Maintaining our mental health is crucial in managing everyday stresses that we face at work and at home.
Empower your employees to get support before their stresses and struggles become a distraction.
Medcor Canada’s Mental Health Advocates are professional and proficient in dealing with stresses that lead to mental health concerns.
Mental Health Support Service is a proactive way for your employees to deal with life’s troubles before they become overwhelming obstacles.
Convenient, confidential virtual sessions.
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments.
For more information:
www.medcorcanada.com | 403.790.9090